Wednesday, September 22, 2004

time warp and banshee

i sometimes think i'm in a time warp. especially when i'm driving (by myself). chicago beware. :o) i have never been in an accident, but i do really, really zone out when i'm driving. i'm either:
1. really relaxed and in another world within my own head or
2. i'm totally tense and freaking out/yelling at the other "bad drivers" on the road.
funny huh.
it never ceases to amaze me, how quickly i can get lost in my own thoughts, to the point where its almost like time stops (because i have no idea what is happening around me). this came to my attention while driving to work this morning. i was stopped at a red light and i looked down for what i thought was like one second, but when i looked up, all the cars were pretty far ahead of me. the amazing part is, no one had honked yet, or did they? hum.

i also wanted to share with you the definition of banshee. this is a word i use fairly often, but suprisingly, i never knew what one was.
Banshee: a female spirit in Gaelic folklore whose appearance or wailing warns a family that one of them will soon die.
Yes, i have been using it way out of context. Yes, i will continue to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home