Friday, October 22, 2004

on rockers and rockin' out

what is a rock star? i use the term “rock star” a lot, but i’m not sure what others think i mean when i use it. this crossed my mind last night as people around me were sorta freaking out.
i like to call my friends rock stars, and certainly they don’t fit the stereotypical “rock star” mold.

here is a question for you.
what goes through a performers mind when he is reaching out into the crowd to touch the hands of screaming girls?
Options:
"What am I doing?"
"This is quite weird. Who am I? "
"Sweet, I can cause a bunch of high school girls to scream and get excited when I reach out and touch them."
"Whatever, they like it, I’ll go with it."
"This is cool… I’m cool!"

I don’t know. I was just wondering....
(and feel free to add some possible options.)

some friends and i went to see switchfoot last night. it started out rough but ended up being a good show. it was a little strange though. we were surrounded by lots o’ youngins. (it made me smile to see groups of kids leaving the show to get into the cars of their parents waiting outside.) it started and ended quite early. and the encore was only one song. i thought that was really weird.
however, most of the shows i’ve been to lately have been much more mellow, so it was fun to listen/watch them seriously rock out. keep on rockin’ in the free world, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home