Tuesday, October 19, 2004

my mechanic boyfriend

(or at least my version of one, since he's neither a mechanic or my boyfriend,)
looked at my car before and after fixin'. last night, i was really upset with myself for having just agreed to get work done without consulting someone with more knowledge. ah.. a second opinion. who'd a thunk.
so anyway, he's convinced that they did unnecessary work. was actually quite enraged about it. just listening to his frustration about the injustice made me feel justified (because by the time he came over i had already come to terms with the money loss.) he insisted that we take the car back in and talk with the manager, which we did this morning. we'll see what happens. they are supposedly going to have someone look through the dumpster for the old part which didn't need to be thrown out.
but i'd at least like to give a little shout out to my boy erik.
thanks man, you're the best.

2 things:
1. i'll never be able to go back there again, cause i'm quite sure they now hate me.
2. i learned a lesson. talk to someone you know and TRUST about your car before making decisions.

gosh i feel like a loser even writing about this, but its where i'm at this morning, so...

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny--Maurice and I were just discussing 2nd opinions last night. I always call my main SAAB man, Dan, back home in Appleton before I do anything. He loves me for it.

Thanks for the bday shoutout on marcoe, BTW. Twas a good day, even though it ended a bit earlier then planned. I'll have to tell you about the Seinfeld show sometime.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Mary said...

shout out again to erik. you are awesome.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger erin said...

hard lessons learned are lessons not fogotten i guess. i'm glad to know, paul, that you've got a "guy." everyone needs a "guy" in this world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home