Monday, October 18, 2004

emotional monday

maybe it's because its monday,
maybe it's because i miss my buddies back in OH,
maybe it's because i just dropped lots of $ on my car,
mabye it's because i have a big hurty zit on my chin,
mabye it's because it's raining and cold,
mabye it's because i'm scared of the unknown in my future,
maybe it's a combination...
but i feel sad today.

i happen to be signing along with David Crowder right now and i'm feeling a little cheerier.

i watched Super Size Me this weekend. it's good. I recommend it.
but funny enough mary and i ate McDonalds for breakfast the very next morning.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Mary said...

i like the word hurty. i will make sure to incorporate it into my next blog entry.

it IS kind of a moody monday. there has been little distinction in the hours, just the unceasing fall of rain to the soundtrack of garden state playing on repeat through my headphones. the combination gives me a beautifully painful headache.

my colleague, anne, was feeling it, too. she said we should turn off all the migraine-inducing, nasty-florescent, soul-deadening overhead lights, pull in our torchiere lamps we bought for the cocktail party, crank some tunes and enjoy work. mmm, just the thought of that brightened my day.

that, and anne went across the street for coffe and brought me back a drink, on which the barista wrote, "happy monday, mary!"

so, e-diddy, let me bring you a cup of coffee. i'll make it with bailey's and kahlua. and reddi-whip (thanks to erik) and then we will toast away monday.

and then, maybe, tomorrow will feel different.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I don't know if it will help but I've always liked this line and have tried to follow it to the best of my abilities.

and if you call, I will answer
and if you fall, I'll pick you up
and if you court this disaster
I'll point you home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home