Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round

who loves that john lennon song like i love that john lennon song?

~yesterday i decided that i am going to try my utmost to incorporate a few health and hygeine related things to my life more regularly.
1. flossing
2. streching
3. taking vitamins
4. drinking lots of water

~this morning i officially declared that i have a favorite mug at the office. this particular mug has not a handle and fits so nicely between my hands filled with a wonderful warm beverage. not much beats a good mug! especially if its containing a good drink.

one more new thing i THINK i MIGHT TRY: gettin up earlier in the morning. i think most everyone who knows me knows that i'm not a huge fan of getting out of bed in the morning. but even i can't deny that mornings are a sweet time. this will take much discipline (and i'm not asking for accountability) but i think i might try it again. rather than getting up with less than enough time to get ready for the day, i'd like to get up, make coffee, and sit with some good reading or my journal on the couch. (we'll see about this one).

~my boss told me this morning that he is talking to everyone else in the office about doing ones own dishes. i'm pretty sure he is telling everyone that it really bothers me. :o) i'm ok with that, because... it really does.

passive agressive tendancies: our downstairs neighbors are really loud at night. i'm talking blaring, house shaking music and hammering. (these are generally daytime activities). so yesterday i decided to rock out while getting ready for work (i assume they aren't up too early in the morning.)
did i already mention that i really like Muse? Sweet rockers from England. Check these guys out, and if you want to go to a show... Nov 13th in Chicago. (let me know, cause i wanna go)

i recognized again yesterday that i am an escapist. meaning: i like to leave my life by engrossing myself in a false reality. when i get busy i long for down time. when i get down time i don't know what to do with myself. it takes me quite a while to actually wind down, so i find myself avoiding productive wind-down by reading or watching movies. not that either of these things are always a waste of time. side note: Dan Brown again has my attention. this dude knows how to reel me in.

and one last reminder: tonight is the final presidential debate.
be there or be square.
it's hip to be square.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse really do have a certain appeal to them, don't they. Wasn't that other album called Origin of Symmetry? I liked that one, and the new one isn't half bad, either. Certainly a more pleasurable when played loud. I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers (and the Foo Fighters) a number of years ago. And I'd go again if Chicago weren't so far away. :p

-paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home