Wednesday, November 17, 2004

live like you are dying

(I heard these words from Tim McGraw...
about a man who is going to die soon.)
" Asked him when it sank in, that this might really be the real end.
How's it hit ya, when you get that kind of news.
Man what ya do.
And he says

I went sky divin',
I went rocky mountain climbin',
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull name Fu Manchu.
And I loved deeper,
And I spoke sweeter,
And I gave forgiveness I've been denying,
And he said someday I hope you get the chance,
To live like you were dyin'.

Like tomorrow was a gift and you've got eternity to think about what you do with it,
What could you do with it, what can I do with with it, what would I do with it. "

so this got me to thinkin'. what if i lived like i was dying. there would be no more or at least much less holding back. (i'm still human.) what if i lived full force all the time. gave my all, all the time. everything would be experienced deeper. i would be more honest. i would love more fully. i would probably in turn hurt more deeply, or maybe not... because it wouldn't matter as much. i don't know. but if you think about this for a few minutes your mind goes in many different inspiring directions.

so thanks, tim.

i've been ski diving
i've been rocky mountain climbing (or at least rocky mountain hiking)
i've ridden a mechanical bull for much longer than 2.7 seconds (you do the best you can living in the city.)
but those other things... those more important things. those are the things that could use some work.
love deeper.
speak sweeter.
give forgivness more freely.

i'm not claiming to be void of love, sweetness and forgivness. i just thought, if i knew i was dying, if i was really aware of the fact that this life is short, things would be different.
so i'm going to try to be more aware of this.

hugs all around. hugs to all. maybe even some kisses.
and much more laughter.
more smiles.
more thankfulness.
more grace.
more joy.
more good conversations.

today is a good day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home