Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Q: How often should I change my pillows?

I remember hearing something about how nastified our bed pillows get in a short period of time, which totally sicked me out. However, I have taken no action as of yet to replace the pillows that I've had for who knows how long. So I did some quick research on the subject. Here are 2 answers I found...

A1: We recommend that pillows be changed regularly - about 2-3 years for a quality pillow and every year for a budget pillow. Pillows build up large quantities of dirt, dust, dead skin and dust mites, so if you don't wash them every 6 months then you should replace them.

A2: We recommend that you replace your pillows at least every other year. The pillows are not exactly the best environment for dust mites, but they become a hygienic problem after several months because of the skin particles and oils left behind over time. You may disinfect your pillows with Mattress Spray every time you change the bedding, that helps to get rid of bacteria and viruses, especially in an area that's very close to your nose and mouth. To kill dust mites in your pillow, just put it in the freezer for an hour.

Who hears me on this? This is completely sick. I want to get myself some good quality pillows with the right kind of stuffing, but these things can add up you know. Thus, I will add to my list of car items and tools from last week. Santa, two new pillows, please.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger erin said...

adam. hi. yes, i'm mary's roommate. nice to meet you as well. this is what i think about blog backgrounds... choose what you like, not worrying if a friend of a friend chooses the same one. ha.
is your favorite color green? i personally think that green is the best color ever.
Be cool man.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Mary said...

yeah, you have to lose out on this one, go. erin was here first. but - though variety and diversity ARE eagerly desired - SHARING brings smiles, love and laughter.

today's lesson brought to you by the letter Z.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home