Tuesday, November 23, 2004

stupid pieces of metal

This drama queen has a hard time thinking rational thoughts.
Jumping to conclusions. Freaking out unnecessarily.

That was me this morning. When I went down to my car to go to work, it wouldn’t start. Click click click. Are you kidding me? I mean, this is never ending. I’m definitely getting rid of my car. It’s not worth it.
Called my boss to tell him I’d be late. Called every person I could think of and no one answered their phone until Dave. He was 30 minutes away, on his way to work. No problem, something will work out. Evidently he called one of the guys from our small group (whom I had already called.) Jon thought, dang if two people are calling me this early maybe I should answer it. He then got specific instructions on how to jump start a car from Dave, called me and headed over. In the meantime I called my Dad and cried, a lot. After the jump, it started right up. Whew. I was told to make sure it ran for as least a ½ hour, so I drove around aimlessly for about that amount of time. After the allotted time, I shut the car off. At this point I was in the parking lot at work. Just for kicks, I thought, I’ll start it back up again. NO! It did the same thing. Click click click. Completely bummed, I walked upstairs. Four men asked me what was wrong with my car and all concluded that it was probably the alternator. Crap. I don’t know what that is, but I’m sure it’s expensive. Bob said he’d look at it, give me a jump and follow me to the shop. However, when the hood was up he noticed that there was a broken piece of metal that connects my battery to something else. (Obviously, I have no idea what I’m talking about.) So we hopped in his car and headed to the hardware store, where I bought this little thing that cost $1.29. I can handle that. Bob replaced the cracked part with the new one. (I really wish I remembered what the part was so I don’t seem like such an imbecile.) It started right up after that. Praise the Lord. I didn’t even need another jump. I only spent $1.29. Bob got a big hug from me and I’m planning to make him some muffins for tomorrow morning.

I’ve decided not to go into all the thoughts I had and decisions I made this morning while sitting out in front of the house. I’m just extremely thankful that it’s all better now.

My Christmas wish list:
jumper cables
crescent wrench
a new tire (I do need a new tire)
If I got all three of those I’d be overjoyed.

A HUGE Thank You to
Dave for calling Jon and giving him instructions,
Jon for getting out of bed to come over and jump start my car,
Bob for fixing my car,
John for being so patient with me and all my problems and
my dad for always helping me to return to a rational state of being.
you guys are Grrrr-eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home