Monday, February 21, 2005

stupid people. argh!

ok, so i find myself wanting to believe that people are basically good. but over and over i learn that "people" are not. i'm not saying that i want to give up on people all together, but dang. sometimes it feels like we'll get to a point in this world where we won't trust anyone. you are probably wondering what pushed me over the edge today. my wallet was stolen. right out of my purse. and it was in my desk, well hiden. someone actually went into my cubicle, under my desk and into my purse.
so i've called every credit card company that i can remember had plastic living in my wallet and as far as i know i'm ok. the theives tried to spend money but i've got good protection and now of course i've cancelled everything. i also filed a police report, just in case. silly me. so now my life shuts down. its no longer easy to get cash, without an atm card. i can't spend money on my credit card. i lost several gift cards (i think thats the saddest part, cause those won't be replaced). and my license and other identification. now i'm going to have to waste a day at the DMV. luckily my insurance cards and social security cards are tucked nicely in my room.
my roomies took me grocery shopping tonight. thanks girls. now i need to find a new wallet before all my new credit cards start coming in the mail. :o)
on with life. no major harm done.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

i feel like i can somewhat empathize. i spent the day taking care of my car. someone smashed out the rear window in the parking lot this morning. it's funny too, cause just today...infact, probably right as it was happening i was musing on the truthfulness and irony of the song "what a wonderful world." jeeze. go figure that one out.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mary said...

what i'm most impressed with is your grace under pressure, e. i hope that if any of us ever loses their wallet to a thief that we can handle it with half the humor and patience that you did.

seriously, i want to be like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home