Monday, May 09, 2005

the blues

i was singing the blues all day long today. just feeling down. down. down. every little thing making it worse. not to mention it was dreary. praise the lord for good friends. one of my soul sisters was continually loving on me through email today. thank you.
then i ended my work day with an unannouced home visit to a family whose case might close completely this week. and the little kids made me really happy. they were so excited to see me. they sang along to the new song that they learned and did magic tricks. let me expound... the new song was a children's song teaching the french alphabet... very impressive. the magic trick consisted of making their arms disappear into their shirt. also very impressive, or so i led them to believe. along with numerous somersaults and lots of running around in circles. kids are so frickin' sweet.
tonight i'm actually enjoying the sound of the rain along with soft music.
and i just bought my tickets to go to FL in august. yeehaw.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger allan said...

i want to go to florida. It is way up there on my "places in the US I must go before I go back to SA". Can I fit in your suitcase or carry on or something? Please think about it at least.

Hope your week gets better. Mine is so freakin amazing right now. U2, Paul in town, movie and discussion on CRASH! (watch this movie for real! its so intense)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger erin said...

you can come to FL with us. my fam is totally open to anyone joining. you get the plane ticket, we'll make sure you have a place to sleep and food to eat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home