Monday, July 11, 2005

who knew

i had a rough weekend. i went to my parents house to rid it of me. ha, ok, not really. my parents are moving so i had the job of going home and packing up all my stuff. it was hard to do. and its amazing how much "stuff" i still had there. i threw many boxes of stuff away. i packed up some stuff to keep in the attic (why i don't know, but my mom wouldn't let me get rid of everything). i cried quite a bit. i cried when i saw my dad cleaning out the attic. i cried when i sat out on the back porch. i cried when i walked down to the pond. (i'm crying as i type this.) i cried when i walked out of my room for the last time. i cried as i drove away. its too wierd.
i only lived in that house for one year before i went off to college, but it has been my home... my stable place throughout all my instability for the last 8 years. i don' t like the thought of having to get directions the next time i go to visit my parents. i suppose its not that big of a deal, but today i feel sorta sad about it.
i'm going to praise the lord for the ability to feel. i am thankful that we humans are created as emotional beings. the ups and downs are what make life so beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home