Wednesday, October 19, 2005

ghettofied

I would like to declare that I am now completely ghettofied. Ghettofied, you ask… what does that mean? Well, it is a word that I am making up for my car. Yesterday, who knows how, my car started purring, loudly. The kids I was transporting were asking questions about why it was so loud. Questions, of course, I could not answer. I suppose that there is a hole somewhere in my exhaust system. And I think to myself, when should one start caring and/or completely stop caring about their car? I already have numerous dents and scratches. There is a crazy loud thump when one turns a corner in my beloved car. Not to mention the sounds of it struggling to run (I don’t think it is struggling though. Maybe my car is trying to speak to me, saying, please, take care of me.) The blower motor for the air/heat, it makes some funny noises too. Is it time to put some serious money into the car to make it run/look better? Or is it time to just declare it ghettofied and laugh with each new character building fault? One of my co-workers just made fun of my car for the shattered glass remnants still on the floor from my break-in back in February.

I don’t know, what do you think?

I was told yesterday by a friend, that he didn’t think it was going to blow up and for that I’m thankful.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Erin, I can and will be on the case as soon as possible. From the looks of it you may have a hole in the muffler and maybe one of your c.v. joints may be bad. I will bring over my car book and explain things to you.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger allan said...

Hey e. I personally think you should keep your car gangsta-like. I love the bellowing purr and I have some neon lights you can fit underneath and some big ol' dice you can hang from the rear view mirror. I'll look around for a window shakin sound system and some hydraulics so we can make it bounce. We can make it your very own Pimp My Ride project.

Thanks for all your help Picasso. You rock.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger erin said...

just so everyone knows... after some serious time spent in car shops and some extensive phone conversations with one of my buddies who knows cars. several of the problems are fixed. i have a new exhaust system and a fixed rear sway bar.
some things are better left till later (or at least my checkbook thinks so...)

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Dice and neon lights, I think that's past "ghetto" that's now trailer trash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home