Tuesday, October 25, 2005

parenting

I used to be fully scared of having children, because I was sure that I would completely mess them up.
Yes.
Being responsible for another being's life in every way possible =
pretty much the scariest responsibility ever.

But lately I keep thinking how good I would be at it.
I'm sure that being surrounded by parents who have slim to nil parenting skills will do that to you. In fact, I often want to take over when I'm with a family whose adults are not playing their part.

There are so many children out there who have parents that suck or have no parents at all. They need good parents. Not that I'm in the position to do so, but I keep thinking, why would I want to bring more children into the world? I never would have guessed it, but I think that if I am remain unmarried, I may still get my license and become a foster parent.

Many things to ponder.
First, I'd have to be living on my own.
(So, my lovely roommates, don't worry.)

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Mary said...

i think you could do nearly anything you put your mind to, miss erin knowles.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger BusyMamma said...

I think so many parents have these thoughts before they jump into the world of parenting...you're only normal!!!
and from what it seems will make a good parent one day :)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I can't wait to meet the little ones next time I come down to visit. I think you should jump right in with twins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home