Wednesday, December 01, 2004

who knew...

last night i joined some friends at the corner pocket. i think i can call them friends now but i should probably say new friends, because out of the 8 people there, i met 6 of them last night. anyway, i guess i'm kinda a pool shark. who knew. i hit a mean cue ball. it's fun to win a game that you didn't know you were good at. ha.

it seems that i haven't really had much to say lately... i refuse to believe that it's a result of lack of thought. actually i think it is. i hate to admit it but mostly my mind is pretty empty these days.

here are some random thoughts from this morning:
~my morning coffee generally spurs cleansing me of what i ate the day before, if you know what i mean.
~sometimes when i'm in the bathroom i have good thoughts.
~my friend ang told me last night that i'm a good hugger. this really made me feel good since i've been specifically working on hugging more. we talked about cuddling and how much i like it. i really like to be touching someone most of the time. i think that physical touch is a strong love language for me.
~last thursday night i shared a bed with my little friend anna grace. she cuddled with me all night. it was awesome. it's so good to have little kids in your life. way to make a girl feel love miss anna bannana.
~i have some of the bestest buddies in the world. rock on with your bad selves, all you buddies of mine.
~my roomie katherine is about to join the world of 24.
~how does one keep their fingers warm when typing? i'm having a hard time with this today. i could sit on them to warm them up, but then i can't really do anything. delimma.
~ last night was our 2nd snow this year. it was beautiful. beautiful.
~it's refreshing to have an honest honest conversation with someone. i've had a few of these lately. it makes my heart smile to know that being real is cool. why is that we hide what we think so much?
~it's good to love and be loved.

Happy Wednesday afternoon to you all!
whoa, its december. crazy.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Mary said...

this girl is a hussler, for sure. lucky i had her as a partner (i think i sunk only one ball all night), otherwise i would have had to depend entirely on my lame - yet highly effective - skills of defensive distraction. nice job, e. let's go again soon.

btw, nice list, too, paul. i will add brian mcsweeney to the list of good things. i love his voice. he makes me feel like i'm swimming.

speaking of your other list, paulie, tonight my vice is pity parties. but it's justified. my roommates are leaving me EARLY for the holidays. expect lots of blogs on this subject at the first hint of sadness at their absence.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger erin said...

indeed mr. mcsweeney can wail, like a banshee, if you will. who would've ever thought that a man so small could have such a big voice. lovin' it. (thanks kat for pointing out the proper use of banshee in this situation.)
thanks mary for the props re: me being a hussler.
and paul, tis the season for lotion. dry, cracky, itchy, nasty, scaly, flaky skin. YUCK!
all of a sudden, i have a strong desire to soak in a hot tub. anyone with me?

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Laura said...

It's just slightly before I have to go get ready for work and I have a few moments to comment on my new Chicago friend Erin's blog:
1) I have to confess also, coffee has magical side effects and I never knew others experienced them as well
2)Working in restaurants, I wash my hands about a hundred times a day - I really seriously need some good hand lotion this time of year.. November to March, I call them my grandma hands, no offense to anyone's grandma
3)I really enjoy reading blogs. I think many people are more vulnerable, like a diary, yet not overly intimate, which might become too much, because they know other people will be reading it. At the same time, it's so much less formal than a letter, although written letters certainly have their place. For example, I hardly know Erin, we just met for a while on a weekend visiting Mary, but now I check out her blog and get to learn not just about her, but about her thoughts and quirks and pieces of her personality.

This should have been my day's blog entry.. oops
enjoy your weekend all,
=)
Laura

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mary said...

if we're really gonna talk coffee, i should mention (warning: do not read the following if you're easily grossed out) that drinking the caffeinated bevarage causes my right armpit to sweat. i can't explain it. and it's only my right one. weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home