Monday, February 28, 2005

the voice of a lounge singer

I was told today that I sound like a lounge singer (because my voice is so low).
"um, thanks." I said That, because he was paying me a compliment, he really likes my voice like this. I just think it sounds stuffed up and nasal-ly. The lounge singer component is added only when I cough my nasty cough that sounds like I've been smokin a pack a day for years.

Today I almost feel like I could conquer the world. It's funny, because I'm definitely not back to 100% yet, but since I Was feeling so awful this "so-so" feeling is like I'm on top of the world. I guess it's all about perspective. and I guess it's never bad to get that little reminder that it's all about perspective.

So I just wanted to tell the world Hello! "Hello, World!"

Something I choose to be glad about today: It's snowing
I could choose to be sad because I really really want it to be spring very very soon. But if I focus on that I will lead myself into a deep dark depression because it's not happening any time soon. And besides the snow is really pretty. So there.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Mary said...

i love lounge singer voices. but i like to refer to it as the "old lady grandma" voice. it's the reason i'm ever tempted to start smoking. because someday, i want to pick up my grandkid, and ask with a smoky voice and hacking cough, "now who's (hack, gurgle) grandma's best grandson (hack, hack, gurgle)?"

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary - think you've already conquered the gurgle.
only jokes.
E - welcome back! Glad you're feeling well enough to frolick in the snow.
Love you both,
Kp

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger catherine said...

hello from Jamaica! (there is no snow here... but it IS raining!)
Miss you!
xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home