Monday, August 08, 2005

The Bitch Face

Tonight, it was brought to my attention, yet again, that people who don’t know me well, think I’m a jerk. Those who are unfamiliar with my facial expressions assume I do not like them. Probably that and the fact that I’m pretty quiet around people I don’t know. Generally, when I feel most uncomfortable is when I make others feel that way (I’m learning). I don’t mean to. That which we are unfamiliar with makes us scared. Ok, maybe that is a little extreme, but it generally makes others think that I don’t like them or they become intimidated by me. (I have to note here that this is generally the female population we’re talking about.) I apologize to all those who fall victim to it. I must say though, that people who do know me well, have grown to love the mean stare or the way I answer the phone “angrily.” I’ve tried in the past to become more self-aware. Many friends and roommates have also tried to help me become more self-aware. Yet the bitch face prevails. I don’t know what to do. I guess I’ll try to work on it again. But to all those who are wondering if I like you… I probably have no beef with you. I can’t think of too many people that I don’t like.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger erin said...

one of my friends (who shall remain nameless) just told me that if any of her friends ARE a bitch, i am. i look like one, i talk like one. (that's nice huh?! i have some great friends.)

upon reading this post to her, she says that she still thinks i'm not "fully" a bitch. (i'll sleep better tonight knowing that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home