Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Squirrel

Tonight, upon arrival home from work, I walked in to hear a scratching noise coming from the kitchen. When I walked back there I expected to find one of my roommates making dinner, but no, there is a squirrel pacing back and forth on the window ledge. AHHHH. I freaked out. At times I act very tough and all together when I’m not, but if you could have seen me all alone in the apt with the squirrel, I’m sure you would’ve laughed. I called both the girls trying to figure out what to do. I called one of my male friends to come over and save the day. I kept peeking my head in the kitchen fully prepared to run swiftly though the apt if it jumped at me. I was quite SCARED. I don’t know much about squirrels but I know they are capable of biting and scratching. So, naturally I took my keys and my phone and waited on the front porch until my roommates got home. (It didn’t take too long because they were in route to the homestead when I first called them.) Right when the rescuer arrived, the squirrel had just put a larger hole in the screen and made its way to the outside ledge. I closed the kitchen window. Saved! No squirrel attacks today.

I, in no way, envy the fear that the squirrel must have been feeling… TRAPPED in a strange environment… At a loss as to how to get out of the hole that it created in the first place. (I’m guessing that squirrel’s brains/memories aren’t too big.) A big crazy female human periodically poking her head in the room to do God knows what. That thing was probably pretty close to a heart attack.

I’m glad that he (or she) is now safely back in the outside world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home