Tuesday, September 28, 2004

dreams and morning annoyances

Last night I had a dream.
I dreamt that I was being punished by prison stay (for some un-recalled offense). It didn’t seem so bad because the room was pretty large and it was carpeted (with indoor/outdoor), I had a roommate, and I even found an air mattress and some blankets for sleeping. I set up the mattress and blankets for my roommate and I in order to sleep for the night. Just as my eyes started to adjust to the lack of light, I see a huge, nasty rat run across the room, not only across the room but right over the bed, over me. YUCK. I was freaking out, like any normal person would be.

Just then I woke up, still thinking I was on the floor with that bloody rat. Only to realize that this was just an awful dream and I was in a very comfortable bed in my very own bedroom. No crimes committed. This was very comforting, indeed.

About one minute after I realized how comfortable I was and had started to settle back into a nice deep sleep, my alarm went off. Rage!, I thought. Snooze is at hand. So I took my cell phone (which is what I use for an alarm clock), hit snooze and placed in on top of me (for some unknown reason). Ten minutes later it goes off again and I didn’t know where it was. I moved around a little, and then to my surprise the phone fell between the bed and the wall. Again, Rage! But at least it wasn’t under my bed going off. The alarm had stopped when the phone hit the hardwood floor. I convinced myself that I must get up and retrieve the phone, because I feared that if I did not do it at that moment, 1) I would probably fall back asleep and not get up for work, and 2) I might not remember where the phone was. So, I got out of bed and got down on the floor removing the boxes from underneath. I found the phone, power off, and actually missing the power button, which wasn’t as easily found. Rage! Oh well, I don’t really have time to search for this button, or rather I don’t really feel like it. I’ll find it later.Because I am an intelligent girl, I figured out how to turn the phone back on without the button in place, so no worries there.

Then I went on with my morning rituals of getting ready, although strangely enough, I realized I was still on the look out for that nasty rat. Dreams can really mess a person up sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home