Tuesday, March 15, 2005

weak heart

I always thought I was pretty tough. But I've been quite surprised by my reaction to people being mean to me as of late. Today was the second time since I started this job that I had someone yell at me and then just hang up before I had a chance to say anything. The first time I was completly stressed out already and therefore I cried. Today, I hung my head and repeated to myself, "I am not a bad person, that was not personal." Geeze Louise, I'm not the bad guy here. Lord help me.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Erin, don't let the actions of others, especially those who don't know you as well as I do (not that I know you that well) have such an impact on your heart. I know it is easy for me to say and not actually go through, but the profession you have chosen is a selfless one. Don't ever think that you're doing something wrong because it might not be recieved as such. Committing yourself to the benefit of others is extraordinary, for lack of a better word, inspirational. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is love someone who doesn't love you in return. Just remember that there are plenty of people out there who know you are doing the right thing, regardless of how your day went. While the end result may determine our success. I feel what's more important is the effort placed forth which reveals our true character. And I would choose character over success anyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home